I’m not a morning person no matter how much I try. I spend the first 45 minutes of each day in a zombie like cloud with my eyes in a semi squint position. I’m certainly not coherent enough to prepare a decent breakfast. Combine my 5x snooze button routine with my morning zombie march and you can pretty much throw breakfast time out the window completely.
Make A Week’s Worth Of Healthy Egg Breakfast Sandwiches in 15 Minutes
I stumbled across this brilliant little idea on Amy’s Kitchen Creations where you can easily make these awesome egg breakfast sandwiches for an entire week in 15 minutes. Sort of like McDonald’s Egg Muffins. The eggs will be ready to go each morning. Just grab your english muffin or bread of choice and you’re good to go. So easy and quick. Perfect for large families too!
1. Spray your muffin pan with some non-stick cooking spray.
2. Throw in Spinach if desired (The spinach sticks right to the cooking spray… No floating!)
2. Crack one egg into each well.
3. Sprinkle the eggs with a little salt & pepper or whatever seasonings that you’d like.
4. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes.
5. You could cook them for a bit less if you wanted a runny yolk.
Store your cooked eggs in a tupperware container in the refrigerator for about a week. Use your judgement though. If they look/smell bad, I wouldn’t eat them. If you can’t get to them in a week then freeze them. I haven’t tried this myself, but I heard it works just fine.
1. Toast your English Muffin or bread of choice
2. Microwave your eggs for about 30-45 seconds (microwave times vary)
3. Enjoy a tasty breakfast in less than a minute (maybe longer depending on how long it takes for the muffin to toast )
- Use Egg Beaters Egg Whites (low calorie/low fat option). One 16oz carton fills 10 out of 12 muffin cups
- Add Ham slices
- Add broken up cooked bacon to the top
- Scrambled eggs work too!!
- Add diced green pepper, onions, bacon bits, and shredded cheese (Just don’t fill the cups too full if you want it for a sandwich.)
- Replace the spinach with tiny broccoli pieces
- Sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top while still hot
- Put a little cream cheese on your English muffin
Let me know if any of you guys try this and what you think!
This content was originally published here.