An ingrown nail in the toes can be very painful and unpleasant problem, but on average it happens to every fifth person. Thanks to this procedure, you can solve the problem without visiting a doctor.
1. Soak your feet in warm water, the hotter the better. Keep the feet immersed for 15-30 minutes at least twice a day.
The purpose of regular baths is to soften the nails, but also to prevent possible infections of the foot. For washing the feet use antibacterial soap.
2. Before the bath, prepare all the necessary accessories for nail editing and put them within the reach of your hands: from nail clippers to cotton and scissors and tweezers patrons.
3. After the bath, dry your feet well with a clean towel and cut your nails straight. Rounded cutting enhances the risk of in growing the nail into the skin.
4. Using a sterile needle lift the ingrown nail from the toe and gently place cotton in the interspace. Be patient and do not push too hard. Place the cotton under the ingrown nail to prevent irritation and infection of the toe, and then wrap gauze around the toe.
Remember that this toe will be in contact with others toes in the socks and shoes during the day, which will inevitably lead to sweating.
5. If there is infection of the toe, the color of this part of the foot will change to intensive red to dark blue. Once you notice a toe infection, it is best to go to the doctor, who will prescribe you the appropriate medication.
6. Let your feet breathe. Do not wear socks and shoes when you are at home.
7. Regularly check the situation with the nail, and at least once a day, change the cotton. If you maintain hygiene in this way, the problem with the ingrown nails should be history for only two weeks, once a new and healthy nail grows.
Tip: Inflammation of the ingrown nail can be prevented on the following way: Put a slice of lemon on the damaged nail and wrap it in gauze and leave it to act overnight. The acid from the lemon will help fight the infection.
This content was originally published here.